Me

My photo
North Carolina, United States
A work-in-progress wife. I can't tell you enough about how much I love my Savior. My friends and family are my life. I am madly in love with my husband. Coffee is my most favorite thing ever. Ever.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Banana Streusel Muffins and Easy Caprese Salad!


  • Banana Streusel Muffins

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
  • STREUSEL:
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In a small bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, butter and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
  2. For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.


TRUST ME, these are amazing! Justin took one to work every morning for a week! I heated them up a bit and spread some butter on them. SO good! 

Also, here is a GREAT recipe for last minute guests! You can use the things in your fridge! And toothpicks!



Easy Caprese Salad (Molly's Way!)
Grape Tomatoes
Mozzarella Balls (find them at Trader Joe's!)
Black Olives (pitted)
Persian Cucumbers (Again, Trader Joe's.  These are just baby cucumbers)
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Italian Seasoning

(YOU CAN GET ALL THESE INGREDIENTS AT TRADER JOE'S FOR JUST $12!)

1. Depending on how many people you are serving, put equal amounts of each food ingredient into a mixing bowl. Fold together with a spatula or wooden spoon. To stretch the recipe, I cut the mozzarella balls and black olives in half.
2. Drizzle (eyeball) just maybe a tablespoon of Olive Oil and Balsamic vinegar over the mixture, then season to taste with Italian Seasoning! And Voila! You've got a delicious Caprese Salad!  Serve on Kabobs if you like, or set toothpicks next to the bowl for your guests.

Hope yall enjoy these as much as we do! I am LOVING cooking and baking; learning all the ins and outs. It is so much fun! I am going to be sad when I have to go back to work and don't have all day to experiment! Hope everybody has an amazing weekend!

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment