Me

My photo
North Carolina, United States
A work-in-progress wife. I can't tell you enough about how much I love my Savior. My friends and family are my life. I am madly in love with my husband. Coffee is my most favorite thing ever. Ever.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, Shelby!

happy birthday, sweet shelby!

I am filled with all kinds of emotions today!  Today is Shelby's first birthday and I had to have a post especially for her!  
For those of you whose presence she hasn't graced...Shelby is by far one of the sweetest, cuddliest babies I have ever had the pleasure of taking care of!  It was by God's own design that He brought the Carpenters and me to each other earlier this year in February.  He delivered me from an almost unbearable situation and gave me one of the most amazing "jobs" I could have asked for.  I have always loved working with children, and it feels like I have raised a few myself!  After meeting with the Carpenters for the first time, I will always remember how it felt to hold barely 3-month-old Shelby and I knew this was all meant to be!  If you ask Allie her side of the story, she will tell you the same thing!  She had procrastinated in finding a nanny, and after filing through care.com, she saw a message from me and knew that I was the fit for them.  All it took was a few phone conversations and one meeting, and there I was! It was the perfect fit.  I have always called Allie my "Princess Charming"--Thank you for rescuing me!!

 I have a lump in my throat writing all this, but watching Shelby grow and being a part of her everyday life was and still is one of the biggest joys I have.  I'll say it again, she gives Justin and I unrealistic expectations about children!  She is one of the most easy-going, friendly, smiley, and fun babies we have ever been around!  Justin and I decided that if there were in fact guarantees in life, and we were guaranteed a baby like Shelby, we would have one TOMORROW.  She has brought so much joy and laughter into my life.  And it's not only Shelby.  Her two amazing parents have been so encouraging and wonderful to get to know.  How many of you can say that your boss is probably one of your best friends?? We took trips together...dressed shelby up in numerous outfits, went shopping in Mebane just for the heck of it...and on and on.  Dave and Allie are friends I know we will have for a long time, especially now that we are staying in Raleigh and are the fun married babysitters :)




I love you Shelby girl, I will miss spending every day with you! You will forever be in my heart and one of the most special people in my life! Can't wait to watch you grow even more.  You are loved more than you will ever know! Love, Molly and Justin





They love each other...

No comments:

Post a Comment