Me

My photo
North Carolina, United States
A work-in-progress wife. I can't tell you enough about how much I love my Savior. My friends and family are my life. I am madly in love with my husband. Coffee is my most favorite thing ever. Ever.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Concerts, Homecoming, Weddings...

I have to say, this weekend, beginning on Thursday, was one of the most fun, eventful and exciting weekends I've had in a LONG time!  The memorable ones always involve weddings...and family. I'm about to flood this post with pictures, so enjoy!

Thursday night, I got to see one of my all-time favorite piano heroes....Ben Rector.  The first time I heard him play, I recognized that our chord progressions are EXACTLY the same.  Music people know what I'm talking about.  His singing voice also sounds JUST like my brother's...so what's not to like about this guy? Nothing.  He is awesome, so go support him and pick up his albums! He covered Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with Somebody".  I mean come on! The guy is a rock star.  Justin was such a good sport for going with me, and running into Emmy Senger topped it all off! Great night!


Friday at work was entertainingly busy with helping my boss get her house ready to sell! We cleaned every nook and cranny of the house before the realtor came over to take photos.  Shelby went with the flow as we decided during her afternoon nap to hit up the outlet mall in Mebane! (Wait, you don't do that at your job with your boss? Oh, sorry.) JCrew...Banana Republic...it felt like the old days of shopping in Blowing Rock. Ahhh.... So Justin came and picked me up in Mebane and we headed to Greensboro to get Miss Melanie ready for representing her freshman class on Homecoming Court! She had a BEAUTIFUL black dress with a gold sequin peter-pan collar, worn with about 4" wedges.  We had her make-up done in record time and she looked stunning! Her friends didn't even recognize her.  We like to play with make-up so this was one of those times...plus, it was at night, and she was out on the soccer field so we had to do a dramatic smoky eye :) 

My father-in-law was sadly not feeling well that evening and was unable to walk her out on the field. So, my sweet sweet Justin walked her out in his place.  Not a dry eye in the stadium, folks..
We had a great time.  It was so great to see the Hunsuckers and catch up with Miss Lisa! I just adore them.

After the game, Leah and I stopped at the store to get some hair color to give her a beautiful ombré! I don't have a before and after photo....(ehhemm....leah) but we do have a during photo. She might kill me for this. Love you Leah!!!!!!

The next day, I was up bright and early to get Melanie ready for the Homecoming Banquet! This time we did hair AND make-up (I could really do this the rest of my life)...and She looked gorgeous once again. I don't have a photo because we had to leave to get to Charlotte for my cousin's wedding, but the ones on Facebook were fabulous.  Forgot to mention that two of my favorite people in the world were also at the Vidovich house this weekend..BABCI AND POP POP! If you know me, you know who they are. If not, I could and will probably do an entire post on them one day.  It was sad to leave (as it always is) but I was so ready to get to Weddington to see our other fam!

Getting ready for Ashley's wedding was a full-blown affair...Getting myself, my sister and my mom ready is always so much fun! I think that has been my job since I was 10? Am I right mom? Annie?  Yeah.  Chip's beautiful girlfriend was visiting and didn't even need my help! She's awesome. I also LOVE my siblings....So much! Spending the weekend laughing with them all day for two days is probably my favorite way to spend time with them.  Especially when we have such hilarious parents and other family members for material! HAH!  It was so great to catch up with other distant family members as well...and not so distant ones...Here is my beautiful cousin Kelly who just earned her first Mary Kay Pink Cadillac! See the family resemblance? Me too.
And I have to throw in one of my and my handsome mister :)
Sunday was a lazy morning, which was exactly what we all needed to recharge.  And then this guy showed up.....!! The littlest boy who has my heart...Mr. Colt Bankston. He is walking and talking and SUCH a joy in my life! It was great to finally sit and catch up with his mama, my Mandi! We laughed at him all morning!
We stayed as long as we could on Sunday....until an early dinner came along and I got HOOKED on the first episode of Breaking Bad.   WOW.  That's all I can say! We said goodbye to my family and headed home.  After the 3 hour drive back up to Raleigh, sitting and watching the Emmy's were so exciting! Julie Bowen definitely had the best dress, IMO.  I was sad that none of my shows won! I guess I will have to start watching Homeland.  Love and Props to MadMen, Breaking Bad, Modern Family (which did win a few!) and Game of Thrones.

Now that I've officially categorized myself as a nerd, its time to go.  Have a beautiful Monday everyone! GO OUTSIDE!

m o l l y

No comments:

Post a Comment