Me

My photo
North Carolina, United States
A work-in-progress wife. I can't tell you enough about how much I love my Savior. My friends and family are my life. I am madly in love with my husband. Coffee is my most favorite thing ever. Ever.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Prayers and Pumpkins

Before I even begin talking about all the pumpkin I have consumed this week, I need to ask a big favor of my readers...I am calling you ALL to prayer!
My sweet "niece/cousin" Hannah Grace was admitted to the hospital this morning. She is almost 2 and has been limping on one of her legs for the past 3 weeks.  After two X-rays, nothing showed up, but the limping persisted.  This morning Jessi and Booney (her parents) took her in for an MRI to see if the doctors could find anything.  After waiting for the results, the doctors admitted HG for a possible infection in her knee.  Please pray for this little girl, we love her so much! Justin and I are heading down to the hospital after I get off work today.

As for this week in the Viddy household...we officially kicked off pumpkin season! I am a little "late" according to the rest of the world....But...I was waiting for the official beginning of Autumn! I needed a chill in the air to enjoy a little pumpkin ale, pumpkin bread, pumpkin fruit dip (omg.) and my favorite thing in the WHOLE world...PUMPKIN FROZEN CUSTARD AT GOODBERRY'S! Which is happening TOMORROW! I'll try to contain my excitement!!

On Tuesday, I stayed after work to have a little make-up fun with my boss Allie! We had a great time and I hooked her up with some great Mary Kay products.  Well, I forgot to text Justin that I was staying later at work...and that I was also heading to the Container Store after that.....oops....Turns out he had gone to Starbucks to get me my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season! He wanted to surprise me when I got home because he knew I was waiting for fall and how much I love them.  In his words, "I even got you the skinny healthy kind! But it might have gone bad now :(" I was beside myself with excitement but was so sad I missed out on the surprise :( Its funny, because the reason I was going to the container store was to get a cosmetic organizer for our bathroom counter so HE could have more space! It is so sweet...we were thinking about each other :) I just love that man! Well, I made it home in time to enjoy it nice and hot, and my bathroom sink was transformed! Awesome day! Here's what I got:

For $12.99/each, I got the two 3-drawer clear countertop organizers and stacked them on top of each other. Let me tell you how much it has changed my life.......wait, I don't have time for that. Just go get 'em ladies!
Yesterday I had a big craving for pumpkin fluff dip so I decided to make my own recipe! I mixed:
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
1 8 oz. container of cool whip lite
1 box of instant vanilla pudding
1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
3-4 Tbsp. of Maple syrup (I just eyeballed it....add as much or as little as you like!)

It turned out SOO good, Justin and I ate some of it with just a spoon! It is my favorite apple and pear companion, but also great in a parfait! It's so versatile, you can do almost anything with it! We polished it off with a delicious seasonal Pumpkin Hard Cider by Woodchuck (shout out to my girl Elizabeth Yopp). And wow was that a treat!

Fall has arrived here at the Viddy's....any pumpkin recipes out there that you'd like to share with me? Have a GREAT weekend! We will be playing at The Summit Church this weekend so come see us!

m o l l y

No comments:

Post a Comment